Tuesday 4 November 2014

New York Highlights

I am in love with New York. Today has been pure magic . The sky was crystal clear and there was just a hint of Autumn in the air. I started the day with a walk through Central Park, where the leaves are starting to colour. There are lots of hidden statues and bridges just waiting to be discovered.





Then I spent the day exploring the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I couldn't help but be inspired by exquisite classic designs like these


and subtle colour ways like these Egyptian sculptures.


I also found this gorgeous 1779 Boston Sampler 


The inscription reads


How beautiful .  I could have spent a whole week at the Met, and still not have  seen everything. 


My feet are aching, and my head is spinning , but I have never felt better! Tonight I am going to see Aida. Life is tough. 

Happy sewing, Miriamx 


No comments:

Post a Comment