Monday 19 January 2015

In a Bind

Summer days and quilting? They do go together if you can find a cool place and pair it with some ice cold refreshment! 

This week has been one for hand quilting my Trip Around the World Quilt. 


This quilt has been hand pieced using 2 inch squares. Each quarter inch seam has been eye-balled. I have not measured one! I decided to do the same with with my cross hatched hand quilting. I stitched each line eye- balling them through the centre of each square. A challenge to be sure, but so satisfying and restful. Zen quilting! 


I am now up to the binding and the red dot really brings the quilt together perfectly.


Binding takes a bit of time, but really is the 'icing on the cake' for a quilt. I have 3 sides to go , and then a finished quilt reveal in my next post.

Happy sewing, Miriamx 


No comments:

Post a Comment