Friday 17 April 2015

Making for Others

Many quilters already know that making a special something for loved ones is very special indeed. There is the joy of thinking about the recipient and choosing just what they would like. Bespoke quilting! This often challenges us to work beyond our comfort zone and try new things.
So what a delight it was for me this week to receive a photo from my friend Elizabeth showcasing the scatter cushion cover I made  her last year. I am thrilled that my cushion cover is in such great Marimekko company. The cushion even enjoys awesome New York views. 





















Over the Easter break I shared a sewing day with my Mum, and the result was this shopping bag. Sorry about the dark background - it was way too late when these photos were taken!!







Mum has always loved the bird print fabric which we used as the focus print. I upsized my Handy Zip Top bag pattern and added purchased handles. 

This week I also had the joy of seeing two more gorgeous bags made following my friend Elaine's attendance at one of my bag making workshops last year. Her two granddaughters are going to love these beauties! The polka dot handles are just the thing to make them professional and stunning! 


Such a week of joy it has been. Next week I am teaching a bag making workshop at Cottage Quiltworks. I am really looking forward to a day of creative fun. 

Happy sewing, Miriamx 

No comments:

Post a Comment