Friday 19 June 2015

Show and Tell


Fairholme Quilters have their Big Morning Tea on Monday 22nd June to raise money for Cancer Research. We have all been asked to bring something for Show and Tell, so this week I have been busy hand quilting this quilt . A finish at last!! 



The quilt began as a way to use up left over Civil War quilt fabrics from a previous project. I decided to put them with a mixture of batiks, and  florals in a hexagon and triangle setting. The hexagons measure 2 1/2 inches on each side. I even mitred the outside border - a first for me! 


The striped binding really sets off the quilt perfectly. 



It has also been a busy week in Sydney, with the Sydney Quilt Show now on at Glebe Island. You can find lots of photos on Instagram following #sydneyquiltshow. I was thrilled  when my friends Lyn, Sue and Peggy won 3rd prize for the group quilt section with their amazing stained glass window quilt.


The quilt comes with a wonderful story , which you can find on the Fairholme Quilters Blog. Pop on over and read all about these inspirational quilters. 

I am off to the Show tomorrow with my Mum and my sister- it is an annual event and one we look forward to every year. 

Happy sewing, Miriamx 

No comments:

Post a Comment