Friday 14 August 2015

Hall of Fame - Sewmiriam Workshop Showcase No. 1

One of the  most rewarding things for me as a teacher is when I am shown finished items that have been made at and after one of my bag making workshops at Cottage Quiltworks.

Here is Gerri's first  delightful bag 



There now are quite a few Sewmiriam bags out there! They are given as gifts, or store all sorts of sewing items. I see them making star appearances at sewing days.  Many a lucky grand daughter, niece, aunt, daughter or mother is now the proud owner of one.

Sandy is on a roll with her bags for special little girls in her life





Even the boys are getting them as iPad covers. Isn't that grand!! This one is for my son Cameron.


So, in honour of those who have made one ( or more!) I have decided to have a series of "Hall of Fame Showcase " blogposts  where you will be celebrated !! I know I don't have photos of all the bags out there, but I do have quite a few to share. Take a bow ladies, you are inspirational.

Here is Annette's bag for her Mum


The lovely ladies at Fairholme Quilters were the first to do my bag making workshops. They took the two bag patterns on offer, and created brilliant bags - both big and small.

Georgie made this Whopper Shopper for herself,



and then this beautiful one for her sister Phyll


                    



 This bag was made by Ros, shown here both front and back



And that's only the beginning!!!! Pop back to see more over the coming weeks.
Thank you talented ladies, for sharing in this creative journey with me. 

Happy sewing, love Miriamx


No comments:

Post a Comment