Thursday 3 March 2016

Quilts on Vacation - Part 2

Mt Gibraltar lookout near Mittagong, NSW is spectacular. The perfect location for a quilt vacation!
Here is my latest quilt enjoying the views.


I had a wonderful time designing and creating this pattern, using brown fabrics that no one cares much about these days,  and mixing them with modern graphics to create a fresh, new look. It has an authentic Australian feel to it, don't you think!

 It is machine pieced, hand appliquéd and hand quilted using Aurofil 12 thread. If people are interested, I am happy to run a workshop at Cottage Quiltworks in Warriewood on how  to create this quilt. It is fast, fun and a great stash buster. When I was making this quilt, I felt that I was giving old fabric a fabulous makeover!





The Australian bush provided the perfect location to photograph this quilt and really complements the earthy tones of the quilt. 

I hope your week has been filled with joy and some time for gentle stitching!

Happy sewing, Miriamx

No comments:

Post a Comment