Thursday 10 March 2016

Quilts on Vacation - Part 3

Welcome  back to Sewmiriam. It is always a pleasure to have you visit. I have saved a very special quilt for Part 3 of my Quilts on Vacation series. The quilt featured this week is Rousillon - the Fairholme Quilters 2016 Raffle Quilt.



You can read more about the quilt and its name at The Fairholme Quilters  blog by clicking here. 
Here the quilt is at Point Clare in NSW taking in the sea air.


An exquisite French Touille is on the back, so the quilt is reversible.


After a hard days photo shoot, Rousillon has taken up residence at Cottage Quiltworks in Warriewood for the next few weeks.







 If you visit the shop, there are raffle tickets available for purchase at the counter. This year proceeds from the raffle quilt will be going to Studio Artes - a wonderful Hornsby based programme for the disabled that focuses on life skills, performing arts and visual arts. You can read more by clicking here.Their fibre arts programme will also have a display at our show. Be prepared to be blown away by their talent.

Then  Rousillon is  going to the Fairhlome Quilters Biennial Show on April 8, 9 and 10 at the Thornleigh Community Centre. I will be there with my Fairholme Quilting friends, so I hope you will join us for what is always an excellent display of quilts made by our members. 


Please save the date in your diary, and please say hello to me there. I always love meeting my blog readers! 

Happy sewing, love Miriamx 









No comments:

Post a Comment