Thursday 21 April 2016

Picnic Weather

This April has had amazing weather. By late April we should be feeling a bit more of a chill in the air but the temperatures are still climbing into the mid - late 20s (Celsius). Perfect for a picnic! And what better way to enjoy a picnic than to have a quilt as your picnic rug, and a quilted cushion to rest upon.


This cushion cover is my latest pattern . It is a quilt as you go design, and has a zipper closure, making the cushion cover easy to remove and wash. 


I have used Japanese linen weight fabric and some modern text prints . The red is a rich cinnabar colour that reminds me of Japanese garden bridges. Evan likes it in our room ( above) but I think our son Nathan may have nabbed it already! 


This cushion looks good anywhere - maybe I should call it the George Clooney cushion! What do you think? 


This coming week is a busy one, with a class at Cottage Quiltworks this Saturday. I love teaching there! I then have a small bag workshop on Wednesday 4th May, and also the 4th July.
Contact the shop for further information about my upcoming classes and sit and sew dates.  The days are always fun and the rooms are well equipped and light filled. 

I hope this week allows you to take a moment to sit and sew. There is a special calm that comes from stopping time for  creativity.  Not a luxury, a necessity. 

Happy sewing, love Miriamx

No comments:

Post a Comment