Friday 7 October 2016

Go Slow

It is time for some slow sewing. Some projects are patient. They  have their own pace. They aren't slaves to an alarm  clock or a timeline or a deadline. They meander about the house. They linger in the back of our minds and play gently. They come and go and are always happy to see us when we  finally pay them that little bit of extra attention - sounds a  bit like a puppy!


              




The project featured in my blogpost this week is just like that. I have been working in tiny little bits of stolen  time on this project for years.  I am currently working on the baskets border of my version of the Marg Sampson George Hexagons and Baskets Quilt.  I first posted a picture of the unfinished centre in 2015. You can see it here.  I also posted about the fussy cutting in another post - click here



Here are some photos of the baskets as they are progressing. I am adding the daisy petals one by one at the moment using needle turn applique.  I am really slow at this, but that doesn't matter. This isn't a race, and there are no prizes for fast finishers. It is all about the process, and I am enjoying the simple pleasure of working with tiny pieces of scraps and turning them into petals.


















When all the daisies are done, then I have to add all the other flowers to the baskets. Each basket will have different flowers. 

To give you an idea of how it will all come together below is the WORST photo in the world of the quilt on a design board . It looks so wonky but thats because I was way too short to reach up to pin it straight!)  You can also see the diamond design I want to use for the next border when the baskets are completed , which will  be started somewhere in my octaganarian years!!!! 




The point is RELAX - enjoy your sewing. It is meant to be for pleasure and the process is as important as the final product. Just think of all the friendships you have made along the way - a journey well worth taking. I for one am all for the scenic route!

Happy sewing, love Miriamx

No comments:

Post a Comment